These fruity little bites are so tasty & the perfect snack to take on the go. These make a quick breakfast, in between meal snack, or even help curb a sweet tooth. Make a batch of these to keep in your fridge all week.
Kids will love the color of these fun snacks (shhh adults too!). The color comes directly from the natural beet juice powder & adds a little extra nutritional value to the snack balls. No one will ever know they are actually good for you.
- 10 dates
- 2 cups water
- 3 tsp Anthony’s Goods Beet Juice Powder
- 2 cups Anthony’s Goods Almond Flour
- 1 T Anthony’s Goods Chia Seeds
- Anthony’s Goods Unsweetened Coconut for coating
- Boil the water & once boiled pour over the dates to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the dates are soft, remove the pits.
- Place the dates into a food processor with the beet juice powder, almond flour, & chia seeds.
- Process the mixture together until a dough forms (add more almond flour a little at a time if the dough is too sticky).
- Next, using your hands, roll the dough into balls & place on a plate.
- Scoop some coconut onto another plate & roll each ball in the coconut to coat the outside.
- Place the balls into the refrigerator for an hour to chill and harden slightly.
- Store the leftover beet balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves: approx. 15-20 beet balls
gluten free, dairy free, vegan