Pound cake in definitely the most versatile of cakes. It's delicious on its own, or with berries, or with cream (or both). It's perfect with any kind of ice cream. It's the quintessential cake for making trifles. Want quick strawberry shortcake? Slice up a pound cake and serve with strawberries and cream!
You'll love this simple gluten-free pound cake. It's easy to make and features mild and delicious flavors of sour cream and vanilla extract.
Use it for anything you like or eat as is; it's delicious!
Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Sour Cream Powder
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Brown Rice Flour
- 2 tablespoons Anthony's Coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 7.5" by 3.5" loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the coconut oil, coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the sour cream powder, brown rice flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Transfer to loaf pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings