It's the truth that a lot of delicious desserts traditionally made with chocolate or cocoa are just as yummy when made with lemon.
Chocolate cake mix cookies are a delicious treat (which is why we have a gluten-free recipe for them here), so why not lemon-ify them?
These soft, sweet, and tangy lemon cake cookies are absolutely amazing. They're perfect for a summertime treat or after-school snack!
Lemon Cake Cookies
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, softened
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Brown Rice Flour
- 2 tablespoons Anthony's Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a baking sheet.
- Cream together the coconut oil and cane sugar.
- Add the egg and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the rice flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten a bit.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8-10 cookies