Crepes; they're like a pancake except there's more room for yummy fillings! They're the perfect brunch treat or fancy dessert when you add some whipped cream (or ice cream; we won't tell)!
Try these easy and delicious gluten-free crepes that don't taste gluten-free at all! The apple filling reminds us of apple pie! Yum!
Gluten-Free Crepes with Apple Filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2/3 cup Anthony's Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Arrowroot Flour
- 5 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and honey.
- Add the brown rice flour, arrowroot flour, and salt and mix well.
- Ladle a scant 1/3 cup batter onto a hot greased skillet and swirl around a bit.
- When edges start to look dry, flip the crepe and cook until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter (makes about 6-7 crepes)
- Melt the butter in the skillet and add the apples and maple syrup.
- Saute until apples are tender a caramelized; serve with crepes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings