Sometimes it's hard to decide between making cake or cookies. This recipe combines the best of both worlds; fluffy and easy to make like a cake, and full of chocolate chip goodness, just like your favorite cookie.
This recipe is baked in a cast iron skillet for rustic feel as well as even cooking. You'd never be able to guess that this delicious treat is gluten-free!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Skillet Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Coconut Flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a small cast iron skillet.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and maple syrup.
- Mix in the egg.
- Add the flours, salt, and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread batter in prepred skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool a bit, cut, and enjoy.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings