Spring has sprung, and that means strawberries! And what better way to use fresh strawberries than to make from-scratch strawberry shortcake?
These shortcakes give a nod to delicious banana bread while still tasting wonderful topped with strawberries and cream. They're gluten-free and vegan, too!
Chia Banana Strawberry Shortcake
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, softened,
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Anthony's Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Tapioca Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chilled coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2-3 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a baking sheet.
- Cream together the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Add the banana and mash together.
- Add the almond milk and chia seeds; mix well and let sit a couple minutes.
- Add the coconut flour, tapioca starch, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Divide the batter between 5-6 drop biscuits on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut cream and maple syrup.
- Serve the shortcakes with coconut cream and sliced strawberries.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 5-6 servings