If you like waffles, you'll definitely enjoy this indulgent breakfast treat! By adding our cocoa powder to a coconut flour waffle recipe, a waffle that taste like chocolate cake is created!
The chia seeds in this recipe help to make the waffles a bit fluffier; always a plus! They're also full of protein and fiber!
Chocolate Chia Waffles
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Anthony's Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Whisk the eggs and add the coconut milk, oil, maple syrup, and chia seeds; mix well.
- Add the cocoa powder, coconut flour, and salt; mix well.
- Ladle by 1/3 cupfuls onto a hot waffle iron and cook per manufacter's instructions (should make about 6 waffles).
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings