Can it be possible to make amazing cinnamon rolls with healthy ingredients? Well if by amazing you mean soft, fluffy, cinnamon-y sweet in the middle with a creamy glaze, then a thousand times yes!
These are the perfect breakfast for a holiday, a weekend, or pretty much any day for that matter! Make them for company; they'll never believe that these rolls are free of grains and gluten!
What are you waiting for? You're not getting any younger, so get yourself into the kitchen and make some almond flour cinnamon rolls; extra points for sharing them with friends!
Almond Flour Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375° F and grease a 9"x11" glass baking dish with a bit of ghee or coconut oil.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, honey or maple syrup, ghee or coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot, salt, and baking soda. Mix well and let sit for a few minutes to firm up.
- Flour the counter with some almond flour and knead the dough until it comes together nicely.
- Pat it out on a well-floured surface to 1/4" thick.
- Sprinkle liberally with coconut sugar and cinnamon. Have fun and lick your fingers!
- Carefully roll up the dough. Take your time with this; the dough is not super-sturdy.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the dough into 1" rounds and place them in the prepared baking dish. Don't worry about them being too close together; these are pull-apart rolls!
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Eat one and then let the rest cool.
- The glaze is not 100% necessary, but it is 100% delicious! Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet and add the coconut flakes. Cook just until toasted. Don't burn them!
- Transfer to a food processor and add the remaining glaze ingredients.
- Process until smooth and buttery. This could take a few minutes, so be patient!
- If you don't eat all the glaze with a spoon first, you can spread it on the cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
P.S. This recipe makes almost 1-1/2 dozen rolls, so you'll have enough for two people!
← Older Post
Newer Post →