Who doesn't love chocolate cake? It's often a staple at birthday parties and pretty much any party for that matter. But cake with refined sugars and refined flour? Count us out, thank you very much! Instead, try this paleo chocolate cake cookie recipe!
This recipe is paleo, vegan, and coconut-free, so it will be perfect for people with many different sensitivities.
How on earth are these soft and perfect without the use of eggs? Magic, that's how.
Actually these are still delicious despite being so allergy-friendly thanks to a secret ingredient: pumpkin puree! You cannot taste the pumpkin, but the fiber and starch in the puree pretends to be an egg very well in this recipe!
Chocolate Cake Cookies
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil or other melted fat of choice
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Anthony's Culinary Grade Almond Flour or Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Arrowroot Flour
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Cacao Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the coconut sugar, olive oil, and pumpkin.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot, and cacao powder and mix well.
- Stir in the baking soda and salt.
- Drop my tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet and flatten out just a bit.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool and eat with a tall glass of almond milk!!
Makes about 1 to 1-1/2 dozen