Molasses cookies are a must around the holidays - and actually we won't argue with a good molasses cookie on the other days, too.
But molasses cookies are usually full of gluten - what's a gluten-free person to do? Get out your Anthony's Teff Flour! (Don't have it? Get some!)
Teff flour has a dark color and a flavor that is a bit reminiscent of whole wheat flour. It is very nutritious and pairs perfectly with dark molasses and fragrant cinnamon!
As a result these cookies are soft, chewy, and full of amazing flavor. We guarantee that they'll fool any non gluten-free person. Oh, and did we mention that they're egg-free too??
Teff Flour Molasses Cookies
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (solid, not melted)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or use 1/2 cup and omit molasses)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Anthony's Teff Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a baking sheet with a bit of coconut oil.
- Cream together the coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses, and pumpkin.
- Mix in the teff flour, spices, salt, and baking soda.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet and flatten out a bit.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.