Waffles are definitely a delicious breakfast treat. Perfect for lazy Saturday or Sunday mornings! There's so many fun things you can do with waffles too! Like put maple syrup on top, or honey, or butter, or whipped cream, or ice cream.... yummy!
These waffles are easy enough to make on weekday mornings because they don't require any pesky egg white beating to get the perfect crispiness; the arrowroot starch ensures that these crisp up beautifully! These waffles also keep quite well so you can make them in advance and toast them on busy mornings!
Crispy Almond Flour Waffles
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 cup milk (almond, coconut, rice milk, dairy milk, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons Anthony's Organic Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups Anthony's Almond Flour or Culinary Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Arrowroot Starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Whisk the eggs with the coconut oil, milk, sugar, and vanilla.
- Stir in the almond flour, arrowroot, and baking soda.
- Cook in a waffle iron per manufacturer's instructions.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes:
Yield: 10 square waffles