Who doesn't love a fresh slice of moist banana bread slathered with butter? Banana bread is not only the perfect way to use overripe bananas, it also makes a great gift for a host or hostess, or the perfect snack or dessert for a party.
This recipe is 100% gluten-free because it's made with rice flour and coconut flour. The chia seeds add nutritious fiber and omega-3's! But you don't have to tell anyone how healthy it is and no one will ever know; it's so delicious!
If you want a more indulgent treat, add some chocolate chips or even drizzle with finished loaf with melted chocolate. Yum!!
Chia Banana Bread
- 3 bananas
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Organic Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a loaf pan with a bit of coconut oil.
- Mash the bananas and mix in the coconut oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and chia seeds.
- Add the rice flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Transfer to prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf