Cookies for breakfast? It's completely acceptable (and encouraged!) when the cookies are as healthy as this recipe! But do they taste "healthy?" Well, they do taste amazing; like pumpkin bread in cookie form!
The quinoa, chia, and coconut in these cookies makes them full of superfoods! This recipe makes a big batch, so they're perfect for making on the weekend for weekdays, or for bringing on road trips!
Pumpkin Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Coconut Flakes
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Chia Seeds
- 2/3 cup cooked Anthony's Quinoa*
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Organic Sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Coconut Flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a large baking sheet with some coconut oil or butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, coconut, chia, quinoa, sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the coconut flour and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet and flatten out a bit.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: about 2 dozen
*To cook quinoa, place 1 cup of rinsed quinoa and 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. 1 cup of uncooked quinoa yields 2-3 cups cooked quinoa.