There's something fancy and refined about scones. Perhaps it's how tender and fluffy they are, or the way the delicate flavors go so well with the flaky scone.
Or perhaps it's the fact that they're often served at fancy tea parties (or with coffee, whatever floats your boat!).
Regardless of whether you're hosting high tea for the queen, or enjoying a scone with breakfast before work, these delicious lemon chia scones are just the thing! They're tender and fluffy and full of nutrition from the chia and coconut flour. They'll make any occasion feel fancy!
Lemon Chia Scones
- 1/3 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Erythritol
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Anthony's Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Anthony's Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a baking sheet with a bit of butter.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and erythritol.
- Add the lemon juice, eggs, and chia seeds and mix well.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda and mix well.
- Form into a 1" thick round on the baking sheet. Cut into 6 triangles.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. About 3/4 of the way through baking, you can separate the scones on the baking sheet to let them cook more evenly.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 scones