Have a craving for carrot cake but don't want to go to all the work to make a cake? Try this one-bowl recipe using quinoa that takes just a few minutes to throw together! As a bonus, it's full of nutritious ingredients and is healthy enough to enjoy with breakfast.
But the best thing about this recipe is the delicious flavors of carrot, apples, and raisins lightly sweetened with organic sugar; these moist muffins definitely taste like a dessert! They also keep really well; so you can eat one as a healthy treat every day this week!
Carrot Apple Quinoa Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Organic Sugar
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
- 1-1/2 cups cooked Anthony's Quinoa*
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablepoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the butter and sugar.
- Add the carrot, apples, quinoa, and raisins and mix well.
- Add the cinnamon, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Scoop into 9 muffin cups.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 9 muffins
*To cook quinoa, place 1 cup of rinsed quinoa and 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. 1 cup of uncooked quinoa yields 2-3 cups cooked quinoa.