There's nothing like splitting open a homemade biscuit, warm from the oven, and slathering it with soft butter and honey. Biscuits are a perfect accompaniment to any meal; with roasted meat for supper or with sausage gravy for breakfast!
This gluten-free recipe using nutritious brown rice flour lets you enjoy flaky biscuits that are free of gluten! They are simply perfect, and we're pretty sure that even those who do not eat gluten-free would love these!
Gluten-Free Flaky Biscuits
- 1 cup Anthony's Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Potato Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the brown rice flour, potato starch, salt, and baking soda.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the eggs with the egg whites and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Pat out 3/4" thick on a surface floured with brown rice flour.
- Cut into biscuits and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: about 7 biscuits