Lazy weekend mornings were made for chocolate chip pancakes. But that doesn't mean that you can't still put some nutritious ingredients in said pancakes!
This recipe features quinoa, bananas, and coconut flour for some extra fiber and nutrition. They still taste like dessert for breakfast, though!
Quinoa Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
- 2 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups cooked Anthony's Quinoa*
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a blender, combine the bananas, eggs, milk, and quinoa.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer batter to a mixing bowl.
- Heat up a large skillet to medium.
- While the skillet is heating, stir the coconut flour, chocolate chips, and baking soda into the batter.
- Grease the skillet with a bit of oil or butter.
- Cook pancakes in desired sizes until golden brown on each side (these take longer to cook than standard pancakes).
- Serve with maple syrup, extra bananas, and chocolate chips.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: About 1 dozen pancakes
*To cook quinoa, place 1 cup of rinsed quinoa and 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. 1 cup of uncooked quinoa yields 2-3 cups cooked quinoa.