Love something sweet with your cup of tea or coffee? Look no further than with fluffy and delicious scone recipe! The teff flour adds a nice "whole grain" flavor to the scones, while the dark flavor of the cacao nibs play off the bright dried cranberries beautifully.
You'd never know that these simple scones are free of gluten, thanks to our brown rice flour; they're so fluffy! These are sure to be a hit at your next brunch!
Cranberry Cacao Teff Scones
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Teff Flour
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons Anthony's Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the teff flour, brown rice flour, and cane sugar.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add the cranberries, cacao nibs, salt, and baking soda; mix well.
- Form into a 1" thick round on the prepared baking sheet and cut into 6 scones.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 scones