We're sure you've heard all the fuss about Activated Charcoal lately.
But we're sure you've never tried an Activated Charcoal cake like this before.
Activated Charcoal seems to be infused in all sorts of products and foods these days.
The charcoal lends a deep dark color to the cake, some might think you used black food coloring!
Now get to the kitchen and start baking so you see what all the Charcoal fuss is about!
Activated Charcoal Cake
- 2/3 cup dairy free milk
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Anthony's Almond Flour
- 1 cup Anthony's Buckwheat Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Anthony's Activated Charcoal
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Anthony's Coconut Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the vinegar to the dairy free milk and let mixture sit for 5 minutes
- Add the almond flour, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and charcoal to a large bowl and stir to combine
- Next, add the apple cider vinegar/milk mixture, eggs, and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Grease and flour a cake pan
- Add the cake batter to the cake pan and place in the oven
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the cake is baked through
- Allow the cake to cool before taking it out of the pan
- After the cake is cooled and removed from the pan, top with frosting of choice and enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Dairy-Free, & Gluten-Free
Yields: 1 cake