Attention Banana Bread Lovers: This is not your average banana bread.
It is much, much more exciting than that. This recipe includes Maca and Ashwagandha, making it an adaptogenic banana bread.
Maca and ashwagandha are adaptogens, which means they can help the body restore and balance itself. Because of this, it’s great for hormone balance, mental clarity, and more.
Adaptogen Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups oats, ground into oat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Anthony’s Maca Powder
- 1 tsp Anthony’s Ashwagandha
- ¼ cup Anthony’s Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup Anthony’s Coconut Sugar
- 1 ½ cup of pureed ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup of Anthony’s Coconut Oil, melted
- ¾ cup of soy milk
- 1 ¾ cup of Anthony’s Almond Flour
- ¼ cup of Anthony’s Cassava Flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of almond butter
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips
- In a bowl combine the oats, baking powder, black maca, ashwagandha, cane sugar, coconut sugar, almond flour, and cassava flour - Stir to combine dry ingredients.
- Next, add banana puree, honey, almond extract, coconut oil, soy milk, and egg.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the bread batter into a greased bread loaf pan evenly.
- Next, drizzle the almond butter on top of the banana bread batter.
- Top the bread batter with chocolate chips.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven.
- Bake the banana bread for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or longer if needed.
- Once the loaf is done cooking, allow it to cool for 20 minutes before cutting.
- Store the leftover bread in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Dairy-Free, & Gluten-Free
Yields: 1 loaf