You'd never know these light, fluffy, bread-y bagels are gluten-free and low in carbohydrates. Almond flour gives them an unbeatable texture and taste, while oat fiber adds fluffiness and nutritious fiber.
Almond Flour Bagels
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Goods Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups Anthony's Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Oat Fiber
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/3 teaspoon Anthony's Citric Acid
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg white, beaten until frothy (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and grease a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, coconut oil, and maple syrup; mix well.
- Add almond flour, oat fiber, xanthan gum, citric acid, salt, and baking soda; mix well.
- Knead dough with a bit of additional almond flour until it comes together and is not sticky.
- Divide dough into 6 portions and roll into balls. Poke a hole through the center of each dough ball and flatten out just a bit to create a bagel shape.
- Drop bagels, 3 at a time, into a pot of boiling water. Boil 30 seconds per side. Repeat with remaining bagels.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with egg white.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 bagels