If you’re a fan of all things almond, this cookie is *chef’s kiss* level delicious. With zero rising agent, these cookies get their fluff from beaten egg whites. Powdered sugar and almond flour melt right into the smooth batter, which is rolled and coated in–you guessed it–more powdered sugar!
Don’t let their tough-guy, cracked appearance fool you: there’s nothing but soft, chewy goodness here and there’s plenty to go around.
Added bonus: these amaretti cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free and oil-free.
- 3 cups Anthony’s Goods Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 egg whites from large eggs
- ¼ tsp Anthony’s Goods Cream of Tartar
- 1 ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp Amaretto liquor (or more almond extract)
- More powdered sugar for rolling
- Using a hand mixer, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar in a large ceramic or glass bowl. Whisk until you get stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the almond flour, powdered sugar, Amaretto and almond extract.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 325F.
- Using a 1 tbsp scoop, scoop out the dough and roll it in the palm of your hand. Roll each ball in the powdered sugar and place on the baking sheet.
- When all of the balls are coated in powdered sugar, press down gently on each one to flatten them a bit. This creates a cracked look around the edges.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the bottoms are brown and the cookie is dry in the center.
Makes: about 25 cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes