There's nothing better than that warm fuzzy feeling of Fall with the scent of all the homemade baked goods in your house.
Try this dairy and gluten free recipe.
It's pure heaven, trust us!
- 4 apples, peeled & cored
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4 cup Anthony’s Organic Coconut Flour
- 1⁄2 cup Anthony’s Almond Flour
- 1⁄2 cup Anthony’s Organic Arrowroot Flour
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 tsp honey
- 4 tsp Anthony’s Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Anthony’s Organic Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp Anthony’s Organic Ceylon Cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1⁄2 tsp Anthony’s Organic Arrowroot Flour
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, add the arrowroot flour, almond flour, coconut flour, & salt.
- Add the vegetable shortening and cut it into the dry ingredients.
- Next, add the almond milk & lemon juice to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the almond milk mixture, vanilla, honey, and egg to the shortening mixture and stir to combine into a dough.
- Roll the dough into 4 equal sized balls and wrap each ball around an apple, leaving the apple’s hole at the top open for the filling.
- Add the apples to a greased baking dish in an upright position.
- In a small bowl, add the filling ingredients and stir to combine.
- Use a small spoon to add the filling to each apple.
- Place the pan full of apples into the oven and bake them for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan add the ghee, almond milk, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla for the sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Next, add the arrowroot flour and honey and stir to thicken.
- Once the apples have baked for 30 minutes, remove them from the oven and drizzle the sauce on top of each apple.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook the apples for an additional 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm!
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Yields: 4 dumplings
Dairy free & gluten free