These apple ring pancakes are our favorite kind of ring. Lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and a dainty dusting of powdered sugar, they’re perfect for a pretty (and pretty healthy) breakfast with an added protein boost from almond protein powder. Who needs fancy jewelry when you’ve got stacks and stacks of these?
Apple Ring Protein Pancakes
- ¾ cup Anthony’s Goods Buckwheat Flour
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats (ground into flour)
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Almond Protein Powder
- 4 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Anthony’s Goods Flaxseed Meal
- 1 ½ tsp Anthony’s Goods Cassia Cinnamon Powder
- 1 ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced into rings
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Coconut oil for the pan
- Using a coffee grinder, grind the rolled oats into oat flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond milk, baking soda and vinegar and whisk together.
- Add the remaining batter ingredients and mix well. Grease a large pan with coconut oil and heat to medium heat.
- Using a spoon, create a ring with the pancake batter and let cook for a few seconds. Then, place an apple ring on top and cover with more batter. Flip to cook the other side until both sides are golden-brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Serves: 3 people
Prep time: 40 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes