Want to fill your home with the scent of fall? Well, you’re in luck. This healthy and delicious breakfast doubles as a potpourri.
Apple, cinnamon and clove make a cozy combination when combined with oatmeal: the ultimate healthy comfort food. Bake this up and eat it warm, straight out of the oven, surrounded by the smell of autumn.
Baked Apple Oatmeal
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ tbsp Anthony’s Goods Cassia Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp Anthony’s Goods Cloves, ground
- Pinch of Anthony’s Goods Ginger Powder
- 4 apples, tops cut off and inside hollowed out
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- In a medium saucepan, combine the oatmeal, almond milk, cranberries, walnuts, mashed banana, cinnamon and ground clove. Cook on medium-low heat until thick and creamy.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the hollowed out apples in a baking dish and fill with the oatmeal. Bake until the apples are fork-tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Eat warm, straight out of the oven!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour