Want a delicious way to use up the fresh strawberries and blueberries in your fridge? Make this gluten and dairy free berry crumble for dessert!
Ingredients for Filling
- 1 2/3 cup of puréed strawberries and blueberries
- ¼ cup of Anthony’s Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup of Anthony’s Arrowroot Flour
- 2 tsp Anthony’s Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- ½ tsp of Agar Powder dissolved in 1 T of hot water
Ingredients for Crust
- 1 cup of Anthony’s Almond Flour
- 1 cup of Anthony’s Brown Rice Flour
- ½ cup of Anthony’s Tigernut Flour
- 1 cup of Anthony’s Coconut Flour
- 1 cup of Anthony’s Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp of Anthony’s Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of nutmeg
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9X9 or 8X8 inch pan.
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients for the filling. Process until smooth.
- Place the filling in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, add the almond flour, brown rice flour, Tigernut flour, cinnamon, & nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Add the coconut oil to the bowl and cut it in until combined with the flours.
- Next, add the water and oats to the bowl and stir to combine. It can be easier to use your hands to combine the dough.
- Spread ½ of the dough into the bottom of the pan and pat down into a smooth and even layer.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Once the crust is finished, remove from the oven and remove the fruit mixture from the refrigerator.
- Add the fruit mixture to the top of the cooked crust and spread evenly.
- Use the other ½ of the dough mixture and crumble on top of the fruit layer.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the bars cool.
- Store the leftovers in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free
Yields: 12-15 bars