Looking to upgrade your banana bread? This vegan loaf is made sans eggs and dairy, and is bursting with fresh berries that add great flavor and pops of color.
Buckwheat flour and chia seeds give each slice a nutrition boost and ripe bananas ensure this healthy treat is soft, sweet and moist.
Berrylicious Vegan Banana Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ Anthony’s Goods Organic Buckwheat Flour
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup Anthony’s Goods Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Flaxseed Meal + 3 tbsp water)
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Organic Shredded Coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Organic Chia Seeds
- More berries and coconut chips for decorating
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and oil it with coconut oil.
- Make your flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp water. Let the mixture thicken for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, chia seeds and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, flax egg, melted coconut oil, coconut yogurt, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and almond milk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mix and stir well to combine. Add in the berries and mix gently until they are evenly dispersed.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and decorate with more berries and coconut chips.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour.
- Cool for 15 minutes before enjoying.
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes