Black Bean and Corn Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Anthony’s Organic White Quinoa (yields 1 cup cooked)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 medium red or yellow onion
- 4 mini peppers
- 1 tsp Anthony’s Ground Cumin Seed Powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro to garnish
- Cook ½ cup quinoa in 1 cup water until water is absorbed (about 15 mins).
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté chopped onions.
- Add chopped peppers, cumin, coriander, cayenne and smoked paprika. Mix and sauté until peppers are tender.
- Add black beans, corn and cooked quinoa to the pan. Mix well and season with salt to taste.
- Garnish with avocado and cilantro.
Serves: 2-3 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes