How about a new take on French Toast? We love banana bread & we love french toast, so why not combine the two for a dessert like breakfast? Watch out doughnuts there's a new sweet treat in town.
Hidden in the other ingredients of this recipe is black maca root. If you don't know much about this ingredient, let us tell you this: it is considered an adaptogen. If you don't know what that means, ask your friend (or the internet).
Black Maca Banana Bread French Toast
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Coconut Sugar
- 2 T Anthony’s Goods Black Maca Powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 T Anthony’s Goods Cassia Cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup Anthony’s Goods Coconut Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Almond Flour
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Buckwheat Flour
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ T Anthony’s Goods Cassia Cinnamon
- Anthony’s Goods Coconut Oil
- In a food processor, combine the ingredients for the bread: bananas, baking powder, coconut sugar, black maca, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut oil, & eggs.
- Blend until everything is smooth and combined.
- Dump the banana mixture into a large bowl and add the almond flour & buckwheat flour.
- Fold in the flours until everything is mixed together.
- Next, dump the banana bread batter into a loaf pan.
- Place the loaf pan in a preheated oven (350 degrees).
- Let the bread cook for 50 minutes.
- After the bread is cooked, allow it to cool completely.
- Once the bread is cooled (overnight is best), make the bread into french toast.
- Start by slicing the loaf into 8-9 slices.
- Add the eggs, vanilla soy milk, cinnamon, & vanilla to a shallow dish.
- Stir the egg mixture.
- Dip a slice of bread into the egg mixture to coat each side.
- Place the coated bread into a skillet heated with coconut oil.
- Cook both sides of the French toast until golden.
- Repeat the steps for each slice of bread until the whole loaf is made into French toast.
- Top the toast with toppings of choice such as butter, syrup, & coconut flakes.
Total Time: 2 hours & 30 minutes
Gluten & Dairy Free
Yields: 8-9 slices