There's nothing like a delicious blueberry scone with your morning cup of coffee. Did you know you can make your own gluten-free version? This recipe is easy, the scones are delicious, and you can even make them ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week.
These scones are high in protein, nutritious fruits, and healthy fats. Definitely a sensible indulgence for breakfast time!
Blueberry Breakfast Scones
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup Anthony’s Organic Cane Sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ c Anthony’s Pea Protein
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-¼ cup Anthony’s Brown Rice Flour
- ½ cup Anthony’s Coconut Flakes
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup Anthony’s Dried Mulberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a large baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the almond milk, pea protein, and lemon juice; mix well.
- Add the brown rice flour, coconut flakes, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Fold in blueberries and mulberries.
- Drop by heaping 2 TSBPs on the baking sheet (about 12-14).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen