These blueberry buckwheat waffles have us counting down to breakfast. These healthy breakfast treats are easy to make, delicately crispy and dotted with sweet berries.
Enjoy them topped with powdered sugar, maple syrup, or yogurt and blueberry sauce for a delicious and nutritious gluten-free morning meal.
Blueberry Buckwheat Waffles
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Buckwheat Flour
- 3 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Cane Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk (5 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Buttermilk Powder mixed in 1 ¼ cups room temp water)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries for mixing into the batter
- 1 cup fresh blueberries for cooking down into a sauce
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and egg. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture, add in ¾ cup fresh blueberries and stir everything together. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes while you preheat your waffle iron.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron and cook until golden brown and slightly crispy. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For the blueberry sauce: Add 1 cup fresh blueberries in a saucepan with a splash of water and bring to a simmer. Stir often until the blueberries burst and a sauce forms. Sweetener with sugar or honey, if desired.
Makes: 10 waffles
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes