Shake up your breakfast routine with this gorgeous blueberry millet porridge.
It can be made with ground or whole millet, but we opted for ground for a more porridge-like texture.
If you prefer a chunkier texture like oatmeal, by all means skip the first step and use as is.
Either way, you’ll be getting a beautifully blue nutritious breakfast to kick off your day.
Blueberry-Coconut Millet Porridge
- ¾ cup Anthony’s Powdered Coconut Milk
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- ½ cup Anthony’s Organic Hulled Millet (ground)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Almond butter, Anthony’s Organic White Mulberries, Anthony’s Shredded Coconut, almond slivers and cooked-down blueberries to garnish (optional)
- Grind millet in a coffee grinder
- Prepare your coconut milk: Mix powdered coconut milk with warm water and mix well until all lumps are gone.
- Add ground millet, coconut milk and blueberries in a pot and cook until the mixture thickens into a porridge-like texture. Mix well and often, until the blueberries are cooked through and begin to burst.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings! We used almond butter, dried mulberries, shredded coconut, almond slivers and cooked-down blueberries.
Serves: 1 person
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes