Corn dogs are a childhood favorite, at least for some! The recipe we have created is a gluten free version for those that still want to enjoy a past time favorite, but can't consume those corn dogs from the grocery store or carnival.
We suggest topping your corn dog with some ketchup and mustard to really give it all the flavor! You could also dip your corn dog into the condiments. Try these out and see how they compare!
- 1, 4 pack all beef hot dogs
- Wood skewers, cut in half
- Avocado oil for frying
- ¼ cup Anthony’s Goods Egg White Powder
- 1-2 T Anthony’s Goods Guar Gum
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Almond Flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sparkling water
- Add the avocado oil to a pan that is deep enough to fry a hot dog (you will want the oil to cover the breaded dog completely)
- Heat the oil over medium to medium high heat.
- Add the egg white powder, guar gum, almond flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, & garlic powder to a bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients to combine.
- Next, add the eggs and water to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the hot dog to a skewer and coat with the batter.
- Once the oil is hot enough to fry, add the hot dogs one at a time to cook until the batter is golden.
- Take the breaded dog out of the oil and place it onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat with the remaining breaded dogs.
- Serve the breaded dogs with ketchup and mustard.
Total time: 45 minutes
Gluten Free & Dairy Free