Who doesn’t love a hearty loaf? If you’re vegan, gluten-free and nut-free, this buckwheat chia seeded loaf checks all the boxes.
Bake it until a crunchy crust develops and enjoy with a smear of your favorite spread. We suggest sunflower seed butter topped with sweet, ripe strawberries. Yum!
Buckwheat Chia Seeded Loaf (gluten free)
- 2 ½ cups Anthony’s Goods Buckwheat Flour
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Sunflower Seeds (more for topping)
- ¼ cup Anthony’s Goods Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk the chia seeds in a cup of water. Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt and sunflower seeds. When the chia mixture is ready, add it into the flour mixture along with ⅔ cup water and olive oil. Mix until combined. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 355F.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper. Pour in the dough and sprinkle sunflower seeds on top.
- Bake for at least 1 hour and 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan.
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 40 minutes