Everyone’s had pancakes for breakfast but have you tried pancake cereal?
This trendy (and incredibly cute) recipe is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
Serve up the teeny-tiny, lightly-sweetened flapjacks with fresh fruits, nuts, cacao nibs and maple syrup for a fun and summery bowl of sunshine.
Buttermilk Pancake Cereal
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Organic Buckwheat Flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk (4 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Buttermilk Powder dissolved in 1 cup water)
- 1 egg (whisked)
- Oil to grease the pan
- Anthony’s Goods Organic Shredded Coconut
- Anthony’s Goods Organic Cacao Nibs
- Crushed hazelnuts
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries
- Maple Syrup
Best enjoyed with:
- A cup of Anthony’s Goods Earl Grey Tea
- In a bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Add in the whisked egg, vanilla extract and buttermilk. Gently combine and mix out large lumps, but do not overmix.
- Heat a greased pan on medium-low and (using either a squeeze bottle or a tablespoon) drop tiny rounds of batter onto it. Let the pancakes cook until they begin to bubble and brown on the bottom. Flip them using chopsticks or a spatula to cook the other side.
- Fill up a bowl with the pancakes and top with nuts, fresh fruits, shredded coconut, maple syrup or whatever else your heart desires!
- Enjoy with a cup of Anthony’s Goods Earl Grey Tea. The hints of vanilla perfectly complement this breakfast.
Serves: 2 people
Prep time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour