Cashews are the cows of the vegan world and guess what? You can easily make this lactose free milk at home with just just two ingredients: cashews and water. Yup thats right!
Cashew Milk is a great alternative for those who have a lactose intolerance. It is also cholesterol and saturated fat free!
Ready for this refreshing creamy yet nutty recipe?
Here you go!
Creamy Cashew Milk
- 1 cup Anthony’s Raw Whole Cashews
- 1 cup filtered water for soaking cashews
- 3.5 cups filtered water
- Soak the cashews in 1 cup of filtered water for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and then add them to a blender.
- Add 3.5 cups of filtered water to the blender.
- Blend the cashews and water for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour milk into a glass jug and store in the refrigerator!
Optional - For extra smoothness:
- Use a cheese cloth bag to strain the cashew milk.
The cashew milk will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo