These chai-spiced cookies are reminiscent of maple-sweetened granola. Filled with chopped dried fruits, warm fall spices and crunchy pumpkin seeds, they’re the perfect companion to a piping hot chai latte on a chilly autumn morning.
An added perk? They’ll have your home smelling of sugar, spice and everything nice within minutes in the oven.
Chai Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Flaxseed Meal (+5 tbsp water)
- 2 cups Anthony’s Goods Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Organic Shredded Coconut
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup sunflower seed butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped dates and dried apricots
- ⅓ cup Anthony’s Goods Pumpkin Seeds
- Various spices:
- 1 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Cassia Cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp Anthony’s Goods Ground Ginger Root
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed meal with 5 tbsp water and let the mixture thicken for 10 minutes.
- In another small bowl, mix all the spices and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and shredded coconut. Mix in the spices as well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flax eggs, sunflower seed butter, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Pour this mixture into the oat mixture.
- Fold in the chopped dates, dried apricots and the pumpkin seeds and mix until everything is well combined.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350F.
- Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of the dough at a time and shape each scoop into a sphere in your palms. Flatten a bit and place on the baking tray.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes, until the bottoms are slightly browned.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes