We're sure you've heard all the fuss about Activated Charcoal lately, but this natural ingredient is not a new fad.
In fact, it has been used for hundreds of years for various reasons!
Use this recipe to create a salve that can help provide relief to stings, bug bites and small wounds.
Not only does this natural remedy draw out toxins, it can also help soothe and soften the skin as well.
Apply it directly to affected area and allow to sit overnight for most bites and stings.
- 1 oz olive oil
- ½ oz Anthony’s Activated Charcoal
- ½ oz beeswax
- ½ oz Bentonite Clay
- ½ oz honey
- ¼ oz Anthony’s Organic Coconut Oil
- ¼ oz Anthony’s Shea Butter
- ¼ oz green tea powder
- 2 ml vitamin E oil
- 5-10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5-10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5-10 drops lavender essential oil
- Add the shea butter, coconut oil, & beeswax to a glass jar.
- Place the jar in a saucepan filled ½ way with water.
- Melt the contents of the jar over medium to low heat.
- Remove the jar from the saucepan once melted and add the honey, vitamin e oil, olive oil, & essential oils.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the charcoal, clay, & green tea powder.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and then store with a lid on top.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yields: approximately ½ cup of salve
Always consult a doctor for medical advice. This recipe is not intended to replace medical care.