There is this conception in society that vegan food doesn't have any flavor and doesn't taste good. I would recommend giving this recipe a try if you think that.
These fritters are the perfect amount of crunchy and give you a little kick of spice. They are best served fresh and warm.
- ¾ cup Anthony’s Good Chickpea Flour
- ¼ cup Anthony’s Goods Almond Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 green pepper
- ½ onion
- ½ cup water
- Anthony’s Goods Coconut Oil for frying
- Spicy siracha mayo for serving
- Chop the green pepper and onion and set aside.
- Add the chickpea flour, almond flour, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, & chipotle chili powder to a bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients to combine.
- Next, add the green pepper pieces, onion pieces, and water to the bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Next, add a tablespoon of coconut oil to a small pan.
- Allow the pan to heat up and the coconut oil to melt.
- Add 1/5 of the batter to the pan one the pan is heated.
- The batter should be placed into the pan like kind of like a pancake.
- Cook the fritter on each side until golden.
- Remove the fritter from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top the fritters with Spicy Siracha Mayo when serving.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 4-5 fritters
Gluten free, Dairy Free, Vegan