Have a bunch of fresh cherries you need to use up? Make these delicious scones! The buckwheat flour has a milk and nutty flavor which pairs well with the cherries and dark chocolate.
These scones are the perfect gluten-free breakfast, brunch, or teatime treat! Enjoy!
Chocolate Cherry Scones
- ⅓ cup Anthony's Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, softened
- ⅓ cup Anthony’s Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1-¼ cup Anthony’s Buckwheat Flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pitted cherries
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the coconut oil and sugar.
- Mix in egg and almond milk.
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Fold in the cherries and chocolate.
- Form into a 2” thick circle on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool and slice into scones.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 scones