These soft snack bars made with Anthony's high-fiber coconut flour and made even more nutritious with nutrient-dense chia seeds.
A little bit of chopped dark chocolate makes these bars taste like a real treat, and some mineral-rich Anthony's coconut sugar adds just the right touch of sweetness. These would be perfect for an afternoon snack or healthy lunch box addition.
Chocolate Chia Bars
- 5 tablespoons butter, chopped
- ⅓ cup Anthony’s Coconut Sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tablespoons Anthony’s Chia Seeds
- ⅓ cup Anthony’s Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, cream together the butter and coconut sugar.
- Add in the water and chia seeds and mix well.
- Microwave for 30-60 seconds, or just until butter is melted.
- Stir together and let sit a few minutes.
- Add the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, and vanilla; mix well and let sit a minute or two.
- Mix in chocolate and press dough into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool, cut, and enjoy.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings