These sweet treats are the meringue version of every kid’s favorite winter drink: hot chocolate.
Crispy, light, airy, and–most importantly–chocolatey, they’re guaranteed to keep you grabbing for more.
Be patient while baking and cooling to ensure they turn out picture-perfect. Drizzle with melted chocolate if that’s your jam and enjoy every heavenly bite.
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Organic Culinary Grade Cocoa Powder
- 1 pinch Anthony’s Goods Cassia Cinnamon Powder
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- ¼ tsp Anthony’s Goods Cream of Tartar
- Melted chocolate for decoration (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with a hand/stand mixer until they become foamy and start to stiffen. Add in the cream of tartar and continue to whisk.
- When the egg whites become glossy, add in the sugar mixture one tablespoon at a time while continuing to whisk. Whisk until stiff peaks form and the mixture doesn’t slide around when you tilt the bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 250F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Fill the meringue batter into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. Do not open the oven door or the meringues could crack or collapse. Let cool in the oven for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready, remove the meringues and drizzle them with melted chocolate.
- Enjoy and store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes: 80 small to tiny meringues
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 1 hr 35 mins (plus at least 2 hours for cooling)