This easy pear crisp is a great alternative to traditional apple crisp. Ripe pears are a little bit sweeter than apples so this recipe doesn't require much added sweetener. The coconut flakes add lots of healthy fiber and fats. There's no gluten or eggs required for this recipe.
Coconut and Pear Crisp
- 5 ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Anthony’s Tapioca Starch
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups Anthony’s Shredded Coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Combine pears, tapioca starch, and maple syrup in an 8”x8” glass baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup, baking soda, salt, water, and psyllium and mix well.
- Crumble evenly over pears in baking dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4-5 servings