These low-carb biscuits flecked with nutritious chia seeds are perfectly flaky. They're delicious with butter or jam, or served with your favorite entree or soup.
These biscuits are also perfect for those with egg allergies because the chia seeds make a great stand-in for eggs. Enjoy!
Coconut Flour Chia Biscuits
- 2 tablespoons Anthony’s Chia Seeds
- 4 tablespoons lukewarm water
- ½ cup cold butter, cubed
- ⅓ cup Anthony’s Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl or coffee cup, mix together the chia seeds and water and let sit a few minutes, or until thickened.
- In a mixing bowl, cut together the butter, coconut flour, psyllium, and salt.
- Add in the chia gel and coconut milk and mix well.
- Form into 6 biscuits on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 biscuits