If you love caramel, try this easy recipe for healthier caramel candy made with Anthony's Coconut Sugar. They are simple to make with just a few minutes of simmering and one saucepan. They're great as a sweet treat any time of day.
Coconut Sugar Caramels
- 2/3 cup Anthony’s Coconut Sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut sugar, maple syrup, and coconut cream; mix well.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and let cool a minute.
- Add the butter and coconut oil; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased loaf pan.
- Freeze until set.
- Cut into squares.
- If not eating immedietly, wrap caramels in wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Store in an airtight containter in the freezer.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen