Everyone's looking for ways to hide veggies into their dishes. This jalapeño popper pasta contains cauliflower. The cauliflower is hidden in the dairy free creamy sauce.
You can make this pasta dish so fun by adding the pasta to little cast iron skillets for individual portioned dishes. These also make a super fun party dish!
Jalapeno Popper Dairy Free Pasta
- Rice noodles
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & chopped
- 2 T Anthony’s Goods Nutritional Yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 T avocado oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 T coconut cream
- Bacon bits (omit for vegan)
- Soak the cashews either overnight in a jar with distilled water OR boil water and pour over cashews allowing them to soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the cashews are done soaking, drain the water.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, making as much pasta as needed.
- Add the cashews, ½ jalapeno, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, cauliflower, avocado oil, salt, pepper, & coconut cream to a food processor.
- Process the sauce mixture until combined and on the smoother side (if needed you can add more coconut cream or water until the pasta sauce reaches your desired consistency).
- Add the pasta sauce to the pasta and stir to combine.
- Place the pasta into individual serving dishes and top with left over jalapeno and optional bacon bits.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refridgerator.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 3-4 servings
Gluten free & dairy free (optional vegan version)