Looking for an easy paleo treat? These turmeric truffles are a dream to bite into. The crunchy coat of bitter dark chocolate pairs perfectly with the herbal ginger/turmeric filling and the honey/date combo really sweetens the deal.
Savor every chocolate-coated bite and rest easy. Because with sunflower seeds and almond meal in the mix–these truffles are good and good for you.
Dark Chocolate-Covered Turmeric Truffles
- 4 Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Anthony’s Goods Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Anthony’s Goods Ginger Root Powder
- ¼ cup Anthony’s Goods Sunflower Seeds
- ¼ cup & 1 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Unblanched Almond Flour (almond meal)
- Pinch of salt
- 75% dark chocolate for coating
- In a coffee grinder, grind the sunflower seeds into a powder.
- Add the sunflower seed powder and the other ingredients (except the dark chocolate) into a food processor. Process until everything comes together like a ball of dough. (If your mixture is too crumbly, add more honey. If it’s too sticky and you’re unable to roll it into a small ball in the palm of your hand, add a bit more almond flour.)
- Roll into small balls and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes are up, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate and set on a baking tray covered with parchment paper to set. Sprinkle each one with a tiny pinch of turmeric.
- When finished, set in the fridge or freezer for the chocolate to set.
Makes: 12 truffles
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes