Need a protein boost? These crunchy, protein-packed bars are just the right amount of sweet. Filled with nourishing dates, seeds and a few dashes of cocoa powder, they’re the perfect pre-workout snack. Cut into tiny bites for a little something sweet or larger bars to tide you over until your next meal.
Date and Seed Hemp Protein Bars
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Shredded Coconut
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Hemp Protein Powder
- 4 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Black Chia Seeds
- 3 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Cocoa Powder
- 13 dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Pulse the seeds, shredded coconut, protein powder and chia seeds in a food processor until combined. Pour contents into a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the dates, maple syrup, cocoa powder, almond milk and vanilla extract to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. If the mixture is too dry, add a little splash of almond milk. It should hold together when pressed in the palm of your hand.
- Press the mixture evenly into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into small or large bars. Keep leftovers in the fridge.
Makes: 10 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes