Cinnamon Rolls are pretty much the best thing ever. These cinnamon rolls are made with date sugar in the middle so they are sure to be extra sweet and rich.
Before making these cinnamon rolls be sure to cleared your schedule because they take a while to make. You will thank us later!
Date Sugar Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup warmed vanilla soy milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ½ cups white flour
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Date Sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 T Anthony’s Goods Cassia Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all dough ingredients into a bread machine in the order listed.
- Place the bread machine on the dough setting and let the cycle run through.
- Once the cycle has stopped, turn the dough out onto a floured surface and let the dough sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle (about ½ inch thick).
- Next, spread the softened filling butter all over the top of the dough.
- In a small bowl, mix together the date sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the butter in an even layer.
- Next, roll the dough up and cut the dough into 12-16 cinnamon rolls.
- Place each roll onto a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Cover the pan with a towel and place the pan in a warm place for the rolls to rise (approximately 30 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the dough has risen, place the pan into the oven and allow the cinnamon rolls to bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tops start to turn golden.
- While the cinnamon rolls bake, start making the icing.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the icing ingredients.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer, beat the icing ingredients together until combined.
- Once the rolls are done baking, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes before spreading the icing on top.
Prep time: 2 hours
Total time: approximately 3 hours