Looking for a way to sneak quinoa into your diet? Here’s a hearty, healthy and filling potato salad with a protein-kick courtesy of pumpkin seeds everyone’s favorite ancient grain: quinoa.
Capers and lemon juice give a nice tang to this dilly melange of colorful ingredients. It’s perfect as a side or a meal in itself!
Dill Potato and Quinoa Salad
- 1.5 pounds colorful baby potatoes
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Organic White Quinoa
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup Anthony’s Goods Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 carrot, grated
- ¾ cups peas
- ½ cup chopped dill
- 1 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- Anthony’s Goods Organic Peppercorn (ground) and salt, to taste
- Boil the mini potatoes in a medium pot for 12 minutes, until fork tender.
- Cook ½ cup quinoa in 1 cup water, until the water is completely absorbed.
- Let the potatoes and quinoa cool. Meanwhile, grate a carrot and chop the dill.
- Chop the potatoes and combine everything in a large bowl. Dress with lemon juice and olive oil dressing. Season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
Serves: 2-3 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes